* Presently only formulation manufacturing facilities are in operation, and
nearly 50 Formulations of wide therapeutic range are being produced. The unit
is revised Sch. M compliant.
* It has large production capacity for manufacturing of Formulations like
tablets (765 million nos. / per annum ) and capsules both Beta & Non Beta lectum
(390 million nos. per annum)
* It is endowed with the capacity to manufacture Oral Contraceptive and
Emergency Pills ( OCPs & ECPs ) and is one of the five regular suppliers of
these pills to Ministry of Heath & Family Welfare, Government of India.
* The production facilities are fully supported by well equipped Quality
Control Department with Good Laboratory Practices, apart from Formulation
Development Research Laboratory (FDRL).
* The plant has a modern Biological Treatment Plant (BTP) with 14000 cum / day
treating capacity, which is a significant and measurable contribution towards
development of clean technologies and innovative solutions for the Environmental
problems. Rishikesh plant has received the National Award for prevention of
pollution -1992 from the President of India on 6 August, 1994.
* IDPL Rishikesh is having a vast township with 2700 Quarters. Besides, there
are good no. of shops / shopping centres , one Intermediate college, one
kendriya Vidyalaya, one Post Office / Police station, play grounds and a